My Arbitration Background And Experience
I began arbitrating for the American Arbitration Association more than 30 years ago and have arbitrated over 160 domestic and international commercial and consumer disputes over a wide range of business, intellectual property and public utility issues. Representative cases include:
- Distribution agreement disputes
- Breach of warranties
- Insurance Sales Practices disputes
- Design-build Agreements
- Trademark license disputes
- Patent license disputes
- Ownership of patents dispute between founder/officer and the company
- Copyright infringement and license disputes
- Public utility fuel supplier dispute
- Public utility power supply agreement disputes
- Software license disputes
- Software development disputes
- Software escrow dispute
- Requirements agreement dispute with anti-trust counterclaim
- Mediation settlement agreement disputes
- Arbitration award disputes
- Success fee dispute between investment banker and client
- Earn-out dispute on sale of business
- Misappropriate of client fee in a law firm
- Limited partnership dispute over access to mailing list
In these cases, I have served as a sole arbitrator, chair of a panel of three or as a side arbitrator of a panel of three.
Mr. Zilber has over 30 year's experience as an arbitrator and mediator. He serves as a member of: the American Arbitration Association's Large Complex Case, Energy, National Technology and International Dispute Panels and the Northern California Mediation Panel; FedArb's Panel of Participating Commercial Arbitrators; and the Panel for Disputes with the Kaiser Medical System. He is also on the panel of mediators for the California Appeals Court, First Appellate District.
I have participated in a variety of arbitrator training programs since 1992 including the AAA's Securities Arbitration training, International Arbitrator training, Commercial Arbitrator I and II trainings, and workshops for the Large Complex Case Program and International Arbitration conferences sponsored by the London Court of International Arbitration, The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, the ICC, and the annual conferences of the College of Commercial Arbitrators and the California Dispute Resolution Council.
I am a former chair of the Arbitration Subsection of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of the Bar Association of San Francisco and a member of the Dispute Resolution Section of the American Bar Association. I served as President and Director of the California Dispute Resolution Council, and am a Fellow of the College of Commercial Arbitrators.
References and fees upon request.